Our large financial services client located in Warwick, RI is seeking a Communications Specialist for a contract assignment. This position is full-time and onsite. 6 month contract with potential for extension.
This position sits on the Simplified Customer Communications team. Their goal is to assist internal partners with their print, digital, video communications to help streamline and develop brand guidelines to be used across the organization to ensure standard look and feel. This role supports the Disabilities line of business and will be responsible for sorting through the LOB’s communications inventory to analyze, sort, edit, add their relevant content. This person will also work with internal business partners to create new content. Writing and communications experience is a must.
RECENT experience with SharePoint and Outlook are a must.
• Under minimal supervision, research, compose, and produce simple to moderately complex written communications that conform with our corporate layout and standards.
• Must take the initiative and provide guidance and advice to internal customers.
• Formulate key messages in a concise, meaningful and effective method using the most appropriate format.
• Work as the liaison with suppliers to coordinate both the design and production of the final product.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• Demonstrated technical excellence in writing and editing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and computer skills
• Must demonstrate strong analytical skills; have the ability to take large pieces of information, analyze it, make assumptions and form recommendations and then execute on decisions.
• Must be dependable, organized and able to meet deadlines.
• 5-7 years of related communications experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, English, Marketing or a related field
• Computer Skills required include an excellent working knowledge and use of the full suite of MicroSoft Office Products, Sharepoint and Outlook.