Vitamin T is currently in search of a Communications Specialist for our client in Metro Detroit. This is a long term role!
- Act as the lead writer for the College.
- Conceptualize, write, and edit impactful feature articles, blogs, web copy, social media posts, press releases, media talking points, speeches, letters/emails, presentations, brochures, event program flows, and other collateral material.
- Prepare project plans and timelines; manage workflow, editing, and approval process.
- Assist in locating and establishing strategic communication vehicles, such as presentations, videos, and blogs.
- Assist in developing and maintaining College-wide communication schedule, ensuring strong alignment with marketing and public relations activities.
- Act as a consultant to other departments; assist with writing and editing projects.
- In collaboration with key internal constituents, develop and maintain key messages.
- Establish and maintain relationships with reporters and media professionals.
- Develop and execute media pitches to secure relevant media placements and interviews.
- Act as a back-up media spokesperson.
- Track and measure effectiveness of communications.
- Ensure brand guidelines are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, journalism, public relations or communications.
- A minimum of one year professional marketing oriented writing experience required.
- Superior writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills required.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with track record of meeting deadlines required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and basic Excel skills required; PowerPoint and project management software skills a plus.
- Ability to write for various communication channels preferred.
- Ability to design impactful programs and messaging preferred.
- Experience in speechwriting a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidential information required.
- Occasional coverage of evening/weekend events required.
+ Click apply at the bottom of this page
+ Treat yourself. You've just applied for one of the most awesome opportunities you've ever seen!
Not your cup of tea? Refer a friend! http://vitamintalent.com/rewards