We are looking for a Communication Specialist that has experience with creating both written and visual communications for promotional internal materials. The ideal candidate will have 5+ yrs experience creating marketing/sales written and visual content for a technology corporate setting.
The Communications Specialist will create, deliver, and manage department marketing materials and communications for the Data Product Development organization. This will include inter and intra-department and stakeholder communications to effectively describe and promote the organization and its products. The Communications Specialist will perform a variety of tasks, such as the creation and development of department email communications, newsletters, and PowerPoint presentations, SharePoint site management and content development, and aid in the preparation of other presentations or white papers. This role requires a self-starter with marketing or sales background.
• Develop written communications and visual material to promote department successes such as significant software releases and new product roll-outs
• Work with cross-functional teams to create and edit original content
• Oversee the publishing process from conceptualization to final publication, with responsibility for content development, editing, design and proofreading
• Material includes, but is not limited to, internal department and company communications, emails, department and corporate newsletters, posters, PowerPoint presentations for executives etc.
• Create and edit printed and digital material using branding guidelines to ensure consistent messaging and alignment with brand identity
• Support senior- and executive-level managers in creating internal department communications as well as communications to other executives
• Develop and maintain a SharePoint framework effective sharing of department level information, processes, and calendars
• Obtain necessary consent and final approval on all communication materials
• Manage and store information effectively to maximize the value and reuse of content
• Establish communication schedules and meet deadlines
• Identify, monitor, and manage risks, issues, and dependencies as they apply to communication deliverables
• Embrace teamwork and promote a culture of inclusion and flexibility
• Bachelor degree. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• Experience in Marketing and/or Sales at a Technology Company.
• Technology background and understanding of Software Development Lifecycle a plus.
• Five or more years creating written and visual content for a corporate setting
• Exemplary verbal communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with high attention to detail
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and layout and design skills are essential
• A confident communicator and presenter
• Expert in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills (including charts and formatting); Tableau skill is a plus
• Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Creative and flexible
• Self-motivated, positive, and highly professional