This position is designed to support the efficient management and execution of communications campaigns and tactics within Corporate Communications and Public Affairs. The Communications Specialist works as part of an integrated team under the direction of the assigned Defense, Aerospace & Civil, and Shared Services Communications Business Partner Team Leads.
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing, editing and proofreading communications products – emails, banner ads, electronic signage content, announcements, event promotions, website content, newsletter articles, fact sheets, testimonials, etc.
- Maintaining communications project schedules and coordinating task timing and communications across CLIENT departments.
- Developing and documenting project schedule and cost estimates.
- Executing communications campaigns such as emails, electronic signage, portal content updates, etc.
- Ensuring consistent measurement of communications campaigns for both effectiveness and quality.
- Sourcing and developing content and providing logistical support for officer and director all-hands meetings, presentations, trade shows, speaking engagements, and exhibits.
- Two to five years of communications experience
- Strong writing and editing skills with attention to detail
- Strong communications, negotiations and time management skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and successfully as a part of an integrated team
- Ability to understand root causes, obstacles, and desired outcomes
- Ability to follow, document, and suggest improvements to processes
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple priorities
- Flexibility to adjust to changing scope, environment, or desired outcomes
- Outstanding project-management experience, including creating schedules, tracking tasks and hours, and ensuring that projects remain on schedule and on budget