This role is responsible for supporting the Diversity and Inclusion team by providing communications, event, and website support. The role will help the team shape and tell the company’s story about our goals, efforts, and successes in creating and maintaining a work environment in which all employees feel welcome, valued, and engaged.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The contractor will support the Diversity and Inclusion department’s various outreach efforts. The contractor will coordinate the department’s communication and internal presence efforts by developing and publishing content on our intranet and internal publications. The contractor will also assist Employee Resource Groups (ERG) with their communications and with their sites as required. The contractor will also support other outreach efforts including diversity and inclusion-themed events, training classes, external website content, and various workshops and presentations delivered by D&I staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Electronic publications and communications
• Create and publish content for Diversity and Inclusion intranet site (custom SharePoint platform)
• Develop and publish periodic newsletter and other communications
• Assist ERGs with their communications and web sites
• Track intranet and newsletter readership traffic
Diversity awareness program support
• Develop and maintain an editorial calendar of relevant events, commemorations, messaging, and publications.
• Propose stories, promotions, events in support of the department’s mission and objectives. This includes both internal and external topics.
• Communicate and coordinate with participants, stakeholders, customers and vendors for various projects and events as required.
• Develop creative briefs and content for diversity awareness projects such as diversity annual reports and poster campaigns to be created with in-house corporate communication resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to articulate the business case for diversity
• Excellent written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write clear, grammatically correct prose for newsletters, intranet or internet sites or other publications. Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Ability to create and edit content based on general principles, research, and analysis.
• Experience with web/intranet content creation and publishing required. This can include experience with HTML editor to create and publish web pages, creating, formatting and publishing pages with tools such as SharePoint or similar.
• Intermediate skills with image and graphics editing to create banners and other graphic elements for publication.
• Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent)
o MS Word - Style formatting; mail merges
o PowerPoint – Creating and editing presentations, including basic animation and formatting/layout management
o MS Excel – Create and edit formatted lists; use filters; create simple pivot tables
o [preferred] MS Access – Ability to create simple queries and basic joins to compare lists
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks with tight deadlines and shifting priorities
• Demonstrated excellent time management, planning, organization, decision making, and problem solving skills
• Ability to use discretion concerning confidential and sensitive issues/information
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs