We are seeking a consultant to work, on-site at our client, and closely with in-house Brand, Social Media, Events, Communications and Creative staffs. This position is responsible for ensuring that various types of internal and brand marketing communications are created, produced and distributed in a timely manner. As a member of our client's Creative Services unit, the Project Manager has an initial consultative role in terms of identifying the customer’s needs and in managing expectations in terms of estimated turnaround time and costs.
The consultative nature of this position is enabled by the Project Manager’s core competencies in marketing communications strategy and in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients. Importantly, the Project Manager must keep all incoming requests within the larger context of what is most appropriate for the intended audience(s) as well as determine how any new requests might be addressed with existing solutions to ensure cost-effectiveness. The impact of this position is in ensuring effective and efficient delivery of consistent and respectful communication to client's various audiences, in keeping with overall brand standards so that all efforts help improve client's ability to stand out in the marketplace. Workload will be varied and require the project manager to employ strong knowledge and previous experience with brand marketing, corporate or internal communications, events, social media and digital projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all assigned projects from beginning to end through the workflow process
- Develop, manage, monitor, and maintain project scope, timeline, budget, process, resources and overall quality of deliverables.
- For Events, work through communications planning to develop deliverables and resolve issues prior to event start to ensure show runs smoothly
- Primary point of contact for client and Creative Services team on all assigned projects
- Seek consultation, when needed, with internal and external partners/vendors to inform the project team and the client with information needed to make decisions on project direction
- Develop project estimates and schedules, as needed.
- Track and report estimated vs. actual costs, as needed.
- Monitor schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Utilize schedule management to foster collaboration between writers and designers
- Help strategist and writer/design team members prioritize projects
- Keep project status reporting tool updated in real time
- Coordinate with external vendors to ensure the end creative product will meet production specifications
Key Skills Required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively and professionally present information and respond to questions from various groups of customers with knowledge, respect, and a solutions-oriented approach
- Assertively make decisions, direct others and implement projects with little to no supervision
- Superior organizational skills with special attention to detail, time management, project management and budget
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support/buy-in especially when working with creative talent
- Team play and self-starter with excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with peers, vendors, clients, leadership and executives
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.