We are looking for a Communications Manager!
You will be running communication for a large program for one of our clients. They are looking for someone with a strong understanding in content and design to make compelling messages and drive their initiatives forward. You should be able to working with multiple teams, coordinate multiple projects and deadlines, and be a voice for growth within the organization.
- Manages communications activities to promote the advancement of a major program through the planning and coordination of its publications and media relations.
- Designs and coordinates publications for the program, including brochures, newsletters, annual reports and other marketing and promotional materials.
- Manages the design and update of program web sites.
- Coordinates the procurement and management of graphic design, printing and other publication-related services.
- Writes and disseminates news and press releases for the program.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with external media organizations, as well as the media relations department.
- Manages advertising, marketing and publications for promotional events and other special programs.
- Participates in the strategic planning process related to marketing and promotion of the program.
- Writes and edits articles, speeches, and other communication projects as assigned.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and 3 years experience.
- Requires a 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
- Strong experience editing and proofing copy.
- Varied experience writing for an integrated media (web, print, e‐communications, social media, and video).
- Proven experience developing and executing strategic communication plans for multiple clients.
- Experience communication for research a plus.
- Knowledge of Associated Press Style for writing and editing.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Audit communications needs for division‐supported research centers.
- Develop and execute multi‐year strategic communications plans for each of the five university centers.
- Work with web developer and team to execute new websites and provide routine content updates.
- Plan, develop and maintain microsite for research centers and core facilities.
- Create and execute marketing plans for core facility services to targeted external audiences.
- Write research stories for publications and websites promoting our centers.
- Write and edit copy for variety of internal communications related to research centers, as needed.
- Adhere to company editorial and brand standards.
If you feel you are good fit, please email me a current resume at email@example.com