Our global client in Neenah, WI is looking for a dynamic Communications Manager to focus on communications strategies to inform, engage and persuade key internal and external stakeholders. Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, he/she will influence key leaders in support of the business strategy, empower leaders to accelerate employee engagement, and enhance the company’s reputation as an employer of choice.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Key customers for this position are: Director of Communications; Global Communications Vice President; North America Group President and their direct reports; senior leaders; key staff; other key customers and Global Communications team members. These customers expect aligned and sound communications strategy, counsel and advice, and exceptional tactical execution.
He/she works to lead, develop, provide input and implement communications strategies in support of the business strategy and the Kimberly-Clark enterprise.
• Engages key stakeholders both internally and externally
• Develops messaging to drive alignment around strategy and its key priorities
• Drives business transformation agendas, and
• Strengthens the One K-C Culture
He/she must exercise considerable discretion with regard to information communicated and is expected to handle serious and sensitive subjects with tact, excellent judgment and confidentiality. He/she will encounter a variety of complex problems in the role, and therefore must be able to manage expectations of key stakeholders who have conflicting inputs and differing needs, and deliver effective communications.
• Develops strategy and deploys communication plans that include message development, stakeholder engagement, tactical execution and measurement to achieve objectives
• Partners with the North America sector businesses to develop and deploy effective internal communications that align to the K-C way of communicating and reinforces connection to the Kimberly-Clark North America strategy
• Provides strategic communications counsel and counsel to leaders
• Leverages communications skills, knowledge and experience to advise Director of Communications’ decision-making
Reputational Brand Management
• Oversees all North America brand PR activities and amplifies opportunities where possible. Partners with Global Communications External Relations team, external brand PR agencies and Senior Brand Managers
• Supports Director of Communications in mitigating brand and business issues and managing crisis
• Develops content for global and North America communications tools and channels, including but not limited to campaigns, business quarterly updates, intranet, press releases and social media
• Provides research, writing, editing and proofreading capabilities
• Actively coaches and develops talent on the Global and North America communications team
• Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders to identify communications opportunities, and foster collaboration and mutual support
This position requires 10+ years corporate communications / change management experience and 5+ years corporate media relations and brand PR experience. Knowledge and understanding of social media. The incumbent has a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
• Key skills: analytical, problem-solving, creative, innovative, interpersonal and listening
• Has the ability to effectively partner with various teams to achieve communications goals
• Experienced in brand PR, corporate communications and change management
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple assignments from conception to completion on time and within budget.