We are looking for a Communication Lead to join our industry leading financial services client on a 12 month assignment!
The Communication Lead provides communication consultation to programs, initiatives, campaigns and channels, that align with our Client's strategic corporate communication priorities. These activities inform, educate, and influence a range of target audiences including the company’s clients, the field, employees, leaders and other stakeholders.
The communication lead delivers in the following areas:
• Develops and implements strategic communication plan and strategies to drive business outcomes in support of business partner and communication priorities.
• Provides communication consultation to business partners. Based on these consultations, implement communication plans that support or drive desired business outcomes.
• Execute communication tactics with emphasis on writing key messages, supporting documents (news releases, FAQs, copy concepts, etc.), news articles, collateral, etc.
• Provides insights and support with planning and delivery of effective integrated communication solutions.
• Engages with communication teams (may include communication consultants or specialists, creative resources, freelancer or external consultants, etc.) to help implement communication solutions including range of traditional and non-traditional venues, media, channels and tactics.
• Knowledge and experience in digital, social communication strategies as well as design thinking is a plus.
• Collaborates with communication consultants to assure understanding of business partner priorities and tight alignment and coordination of communication department support to business partners.
• Measures effectiveness of communication support and/or return on communication investment.
• Skillfully manages complex programs, matrixed strategies and significant workload.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations, marketing or social sciences, advanced degree an asset.
• Seasoned professional with 8-10 years of progressive experience in professional communication, public relations, organizational communication, marketing, training or related communication field.
• Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, listening, influencing) are a must, with the ability to influence without authority, manage through ambiguity and build relationships.
• Solid decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge and experience with design thinking is a plus.