Top Media & Entertainment client is seeking a talented and high performing Communications Designer. This position sits within the Internal Communications team responsible for content management and strategy, day-to-day design, and web production for business critical communications tools including the employee intranet, business websites, digital signage, email communications, meeting slides, and more!
+ One month contract with potential to extend!
+ Starts July 31st!
+ Located in Glendale
The Communications Designer is responsible for conceptualizing and producing the design of various internal communications initiatives. This role will also be responsible not only for traditional graphic design but producing motion graphics including title sequences, info-graphic animations and provide assistance for event and product photography needs. Additionally the Communications Designer will provide design and day-to-day graphic production for a large internal digital signage system responsible for communicating corporate messaging to thousands of employees.
• Create original branding and identity for internal departments and programs, in addition to designing and producing spreads for print publications, in partnership with an Art Director and editorial team.
• Conceptualize design for new corporate initiatives, training programs and events.
• Produce print signage in the forms of posters, flyers, banners, booklets, etc.
• Produce signage for presentations and internal digital signage system.
• Clean up and retouch photographs
• 5-7 years experience in Graphic Design / New Media Design
• Expert level understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign CS6.
• Very Strong knowledge of Adobe AfterEffects
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
• Intermediate understanding of HTML (Advanced HTML or CSS a plus)
• Strong understanding/knowledge of typography, color, usability, layout and other design principles/fundamentals.
• Ability to work independently, own projects from start to finish with a desire to constantly improve product and process.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time while managing time effectively and meeting deadlines.
• Strong communication, collaboration and negotiation skills, customer service mentality and sense of ownership and urgency.
• Desire to constantly learn, grow and develop both technical and business skill set.
• Online portfolio that demonstrates excellence in design and strong skills in motion graphics and photography.
• Proficiency on MAC and Windows operating systems, solid understanding of basic office applications.