This position is responsible for supporting the Diversity and Inclusion team by providing communications, event, and website administration support.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The talent will support the Diversity and Inclusion department’s various outreach efforts. The talent will coordinate the department’s communication and web presence efforts by developing and publishing content on our intranet and internal publications. The talent will be responsible for the coordination of Employee Resource Group sites and will serve as point of contact to support the company’s state-wide employee council sites. The talent will also support other outreach efforts including diversity and inclusion-themed events, training classes, external website content, and various workshops and presentations delivered by D&I staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Create and manage content for Diversity and Inclusion intranet site (SharePoint)
• Develop and publish periodic newsletter and other communications
• Maintain content on ERG sites
• Provide content management support to Employee Council sites as required
• Establish and maintain relationship with subject matter experts / communications contacts for each group
Diversity program support
• Assist in the planning and coordination of training classes, internal and external events and team presentations, including scheduling and registration.
• Communicate and coordinate with participants, stakeholders, customers and vendors for various projects and events as required.
• Propose stories, promotions, events in support of the department’s mission and objectives.
• Coordinate distribution and reporting of online surveys/evaluations for class and event participants (e.g., SurveyMonkey).
• Research, analyze, and create reports on data such as population and workforce demographic trends and training completions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write clear, grammatically correct prose for newsletters, intranet or internet sites or other publications.
• Ability to create and edit content based on general principles, research, and analysis.
• Experience with web/intranet content creation and publishing required. This can include experience with HTML editor to create and publish web pages, creating, formatting and publishing pages with tools such as TeamSite, SharePoint or similar.
• Intermediate skills with image and graphics editing to create banners and other graphic elements for publication.
• Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent)
o MS Word - Style formatting; mail merges
o PowerPoint – Creating and editing presentations, including basic animation and formatting/layout management
o MS Excel – Create and edit formatted lists; use filters; create simple pivot tables
o MS Access – Ability to create simple queries and basic joins to compare lists
• Demonstrated ability to learn and use various computer and web applications; ability to apply technology for greater efficiency and work effectiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks with tight deadlines and shifting priorities
• Demonstrated excellent time management, planning, organization, decision making, and problem solving skills
• Ability to use discretion concerning confidential and sensitive issues/information
• Ability to articulate the business case for diversity
• Experience with planning and coordinating logistics for events and meetings preferred
• Team player
• Flexible and adaptable
• Demonstrates initiative; Self-motivated
• Demonstrates inclusive behavior, consistent with diversity and inclusion principles
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs