AQUENT is seeking a Communications Coordinator for an exciting role in McLean, VA!
In this role - you will help to implement the PR strategy and execution for one of our client’s fast-growing digital products. This position requires exceptional external communication skills, especially in supporting the execution of integrated consumer PR campaigns. The responsibilities of this role will be focused on understanding the business, its product objectives and helping to implement and measure a proactive external communications program to promote the product. The Communications Coordinator will be dedicated to executing new initiatives and supporting always-on programming with a strong focus on media relations and pitching, project management, writing, editing, content creation, measurement, reporting and analytics.
Why would you want to work for our client?
They are Fortune 200 organization that has been on the Top 100 Best Companies to Work for list 10 times!
And what you can expect working with them?
- An open, collaborative, diverse environment where ideas are welcome.
- The work you do will reach millions of customers and end users.
- A Work Life Balance – it’s a core company value.
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
• Execute media outreach, leveraging key contacts and managing relationships to ensure media coverage in national and regional dailies, wires, broadcast media, radio, podcasts, online outlets, and consumer publications
• Draft a wide array of communications materials, including but not limited to press releases, media alerts, articles and other communications collateral
• Measure and evaluate program results and communicate findings effectively to a diverse audience
• Define and execute strategies and tactics to drive the SEO value of earned media
• Design compelling PowerPoint presentations that communicate strategic approaches, tactical plans and results to internal partners and clients
• Strong, detail-oriented project manager with the ability to balance multiple priorities at once and collaborate with a diverse group
• Demonstrate skill and genuine interest in research and analysis of current PR trends – particularly in the areas of content, measurement, SEO, earned media, emerging channels and storytelling – to foster new, creative thinking
• Execute both short and long-term external communications plans showcasing the product’s features, value proposition and key issues
• Work effectively in cross-functional teams to advance communications strategy to internal key partners and various levels, ranging from senior management to supporting staff
• Ability to effectively manage agency partners and vendors
• Work with appropriate divisions to implement specific plans to address key issues
• Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
• At least 3-5 years of Public Relations experience
• 5-7 years of Public Relations/Media Relations experience for a leading consumer brand, research institution, or nonprofit organization (experience with brands within financial services is a plus)
• Strong written / verbal communication skills (writing sample required)
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in media relations, including pitch development, building media lists, key message development and placement
• Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers, senior management, giving simplicity to complex subject matters
• Strong research, analysis and measurement background, particularly in measuring the impact and ROI of PR activities to demonstrate results and delivery on business outcomes.
• Creative, integrative problem-solving and structured thinking
• Strong knowledge of SEO, content and social analytics best practices and principles
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail
• Excellent presentation skills; ability to present plans with confidence and execute flawlessly
• Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and media analysis tools