We are seeking a Communications Coordinator for a short term opportunity in Surrey, BC with one of our valued energy clients.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator will be integral part of the team that will manage the tactical execution of harvesting marketing initiatives with our partners. Ideal candidate must be able to write well, be interested in technology, and want to work full-time on-site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Co-ordinates the development, production and distribution of corporate and marketing communications:
o receives, and reviews requests from internal clients
o develops communications plans
o suggests appropriate communications, media and advertising strategies
2. Acts as project leader for communication projects:
o develops and manages production schedules to ensure optimal use of internal resources, and the timely delivery of projects
o briefs creative group of project goals
o participates in creative development as appropriate.
o reviews drafts of copy and proofs from creative, and routes for review
1. In liaison with media placement agency, advertising agency, or creative/design studios, implements media plans, sets schedules, and recommends budget allocations.
2. Liaises with newspapers, radio stations and other publications to book advertisements.
1. Sources, interviews and negotiates with suppliers, analyzes quotations to provide cost estimates to internal clients, assesses their work and makes decisions on supplier selection for projects.
2. Generates purchase requisitions to ensure proper job specifications are provided to outside suppliers, and reconciles invoices against quotations.
3. Manages production docket system including library of all production materials.
4. Proof-reads materials, and inspects pre-press artwork to ensure quality.
5. Attends press checks as required.
6. Ensures that all finished advertising materials are sent to clients, suppliers, publications, or other destinations.
Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job
1. Completion of a recognized diploma in Marketing, Advertising, or equivalent, including courses in Print Production or Graphic Design.
2. Two (2) to three (3) years directly related relevant experience.
3. Thorough knowledge of procedures involved in print production, including pre-press and printing technology.
4. Thorough understanding of the use of communications media (collateral, web, advertising - print, radio, TV, online) to achieve client’s objectives.
5. Demonstrated ability to assess and evaluate the quality of supplier’s work and evaluate estimates for accuracy.
6. Strong communications planning and project management skills with demonstrated sound budgeting and time management skills, including the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
7. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proof-reading skills.
8. Sound knowledge of PC and Mac computer environments, systems, and peripherals. Sound working knowledge of Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat Outlook, and project management software. Familiarity with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Should be web savvy.