Our client is a large financial company in McLean, Virginia and they are looking for a talented Communications Coordinator to join their in house team. This Communications Coordinator job is a 1 year long contract with the potential to extend or to go full time, is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
The Communications Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the broader agenda of the Public Affairs team, assisting in managing reputational risk, company issues and crisis events. We’re looking for a self-starter and project manager who is an adept communicator.
Responsibilities of Communications Coordinator:
• Partner with Public Affairs team members and key internal stakeholders in support of company reputational risk and corporate communication agenda.
• Provide centralized oversight of Public Affairs playbooks, reports and processes, including Crisis Communications & Corporate Issues.
• Assist with drafting communications materials on company issues as they arise.
• Maintain issues resource guides and key issue talking points to ensure information and messaging is current and centralized.
• Conduct research and media (print, online, and social media) monitoring on issues or major events to support reputation risk assessments and emerging issues.
• Serve as a project manager for emerging reputational risk issues.
• Maintain formal reputation risk policy and drive annual review process of protocols.
• Assist with review process for routine speaking requests and presentation content reviews for corporate staff groups.
The Successful Communications Coordinator Candidate Is:
• A highly organized project manager with a knack for managing multiple deadlines simultaneously.
• Part of a collaborative team, sometimes managing rapidly changing priorities.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail.
• Responsible for coordinating with other groups and executives to meet enterprise deadlines.
• Able to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers, executive management, and senior management.
• An adept communicator with strong written/verbal communications skills and ideally strong presentation skills.
Communications Coordinator Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing/public relations or a related discipline.
• 4+ years work experience in public or corporate communications.
• Excellent project management skills, writing skills, with the ability to translate complicated issues into a clear point of view, and create a concise narrative.
• Outstanding interpersonal communication & influencing skills.
• Deep focus and ability to pay attention to detail and delivery against timelines.