Communications Consultant/Social Media
This is a solid mid level position. Please reply asap with your updated resume and hourly rate. Corporate financial experience preferred but not necessary.
Mid Level Heavy Communications - must be knowledgable in current communication methods like social media.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The communications consultant position is responsible for effectively providing counsel, communication strategies, and writing support for internal employee-based communications across a variety of mediums. Manages the design and production across a variety of multimedia platforms, which deliver and organize information accessed by Enterprise Application Development (EAD) associates and business partners. Using a variety of communication tools and techniques, the consultant works closely with the EAD Communications team to implement a dynamic communications plan, creating strategic multimedia and technology solutions that empower employees to engage in building the EAD brand, inspire community pride and foster the advancement of EAD organizational goals.
(List major responsibilities in order of importance.)
• Works in partnership with EAD Communications team, providing strategic communications guidance and consultation to create, develop, deliver, and measure employee-focused communications tailored to broad-based and targeted audiences, and achieve desired behaviors/outcomes.
• Drives social media/community interaction capabilities for GTO organization through various methods and tools.
• Manages EAD Communications intranet site (or pages), including production schedules, all content, graphic design and HTML. Proactively recommends enhancements, including development of proposals consistent with enterprise requirements.
• Manages an internal EAD news publication and/or multimedia projects, including master editorial calendar, production schedules, content, graphics, video and audio elements. Proactively recommends enhancements, including development of proposals consistent with enterprise requirements.
• Supports advancement of information sharing across EAD and dynamic communications plan to drive EAD Communications goals and objectives.
• Works effectively through shared processes with others at all levels across the organization.
• Ensures all work adheres to department quality standards and MetLife’s visual identity standards. Liaises with local communicators and/or intranet content owners to share best practices.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• 5-7 years in Communications or related area, specializing in the multimedia experience for the employee audience, with formal education in communications, graphic design or multimedia preferred.
• Strategic thinker with successful track record in writing communications for a variety of mediums, including intranet, newsletters, videos, etc.
• Talent with creating and editing multimedia projects including videos, podcasts and animations viewed in global intranet net platform as well as imbedded in electronic messages and presentations with a strong understanding of technical limitations and resource requirements.
• Advanced technical knowledge in multimedia applications including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Outlook, PhotoShop, Snag It, BrainShark, WebEx, HTML, audio/video software.
• Excellent project management, organizational, coordination and implementation skills with an ability to handle multiple assignments with ability to produce “once and done” high quality work.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to provide creative direction, influencing the outcome of projects by identifying areas for improvement and demonstrating the willingness to explore different paths to achieve an outcome and adjust quickly and efficiently to new circumstances.
(Add any other information that describes the job.)
The candidate must meet with management and members from the EAD Communications team and take high level information, process it, and assist in the development of internal communications that meet business needs, often working under tight time frames. This is not a marketing position.
Additional competencies to consider:
• Expertise managing an internal employee publication, such as a regularly published (weekly, monthly, etc.) electronic newsletter.
• Highly-developed sense of urgency and on-time delivery of completed projects is essential.
• Recognized as a team player who routinely shares knowledge and information with others.
• Works independently with ability to take high level direction to complete complex assignments.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to influence others and maintain positive, productive relationships across EAD, GTO and the enterprise.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and exercises sound judgment.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Communications Consultant/Social Media