Large media and entertainment company in Orlando is seeking a Communications Consultant to join their team. This is a 1-year long temporary assignment with the possibility of extending. Local candidates only.
Primary responsibilities for the qualified Communications Consultant include:
- Writing, editing and proofreading for a variety of internal communications and presentations
- Collecting and posting content for internal communications channels, including company intranet and social media platforms
- Support and coordinate ongoing communications needs, including organizational announcements, external speaking/presentation opportunity submissions, leadership bio updates, Cast engagement messaging, etc.
- Support the creation and organization of a communications repository to include intellectual property such as pictures, key messaging, videos, graphics, etc.
- Plan and coordinate various initiatives such as focus groups, lunch and learn sessions, etc., and summarize notes/action items
- Consult on communications process improvements, including project intake, collaboration, metrics, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years experience in Corporate Communications environments
- Basic HTML experience
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress and/or Confluence preferred)
- Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing service
- Proficiency with Mac platform, including Keynote
- Degree in journalism, communications or related field