Our client, a local not for profit institute dedicated to empowering urban youth to become scientific and conservation leaders, is looking for a highly collaborative Communications Consultant who is an experienced writer to help take their communications to the next level. This role will be about 6-10 hours per week and last a minimum of 3 months. Most work can be completed remotely, but some onsite meetings in either Pacific Beach or City Heights will be required.
- Spot opportunities and pitfalls
- Fit various pieces together as part of a cohesive strategy
- Work with Board of Directors and staff to determine yearly communication priorities, goals, and measures.
- Develop, organize, and manage master communications calendar
- Take into consideration how the content will be consumed from various perspectives and across various channels
- Use clear and concise language to authentically communicate new ideas and bring stories to life
- Write engaging content to help lead users to be part of the solution - all while staying on brand across unique audiences including donors, students, and community members
- Ensure the content created by staff is consistent with refreshed look and messaging
- Determine the need for and create communications materials, including talking points, signage content for new "Living Lab," email newsletters, presentations, news releases, op-eds, website and social media language, and other content
- Work cross-functionally across multiple departments (education programs, development, and volunteer) to gather input and coordinate strategy and messaging
Strategic Communication Resource
- Serve as a resource for staff on communication strategies and messaging
- Empower staff to use the most appropriate vehicle to deliver a message