START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 5 MONTHS (possible extensions)
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
** A FORTUNE 500 FASHION COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
The Communications Specialist will partner with HQ and Field business partners to deliver timely, clear, and concise direction that enables flawless execution in stores, motivates our field teams, and connects associates to our Brand Vision.
• Play a role in producing key communications programs
• Write and/or coordinate materials such as news stories, newsletters, and education materials for internal use.
• Publish messages on our Portal.
• Partner with Store Operations team to deliver content and direction to field teams regarding day-to-day operations of stores.
• Work with Marketing, Pricing, Visual, and Commercial Impact teams to provide direction for in-store promotional events that is clear and easy to execute.
• Manage the ongoing maintenance and development of Old Navy’s Store Portal intranet.
• Edit, create, maintain and publish information to all communication vehicles (i.e. Email, Task Based System, and Intranet).
• Create ad-hoc original editorial content for the greater Old Navy HQ and Gap Inc. internal audience that champions field teams and tells their story.
• Assist with basic graphic design for use in internal communications.
• Create and execute communication plans, including managing business partners to ensure on-time delivery of content, accuracy of information, translation, publication to the appropriate audiences, pre-informs to senior leaders (as needed), etc.
• Determine the right timing and delivery tool for each communication that will best support flawless execution in stores.
• Oversee and/or contribute to editorial planning tools to ensure the volume of information is digestible and executable in the stores.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Knowledge of HTML, content management applications, and Adobe Creative Suite highly desired.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write and publish core communication (e.g., strategies, recommendations, articles, and other documents)
• Strong service mindset with the ability to provide a high level of service to internal and external customers.
• Strong project management skills, ability to multi-task, follow up and manage competing priorities all under tight deadlines
• College degree required. Focus on Communications, Journalism, or Digital Arts preferred.
• 2-3 years retail operations experience a plus.
• Based in San Francisco
• Travel within North America may be required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs