My client is a Global Technology Company with a portfolio of hardware products and online service offerings. They are currently looking for an experienced Communications Associate to join their team for a 12 month contract position, paying up to £48 000/annum PAYE pro rate for the right candidate.
They are seeking an excellent cross-functional operator that can distil complex issues into simple narratives, think up big bold ideas and drive a strong proactive PR strategy.
This person should be a creative, enthusiastic and well-organised communications champion who can manage a load of spinning devices/plates, while helping to deliver consumer and tech campaigns on computer/tablet/mobile hardware products. This encompasses reactive comms and creative delivery of campaigns, as well as helping to build strategies around how we approach launches, reactive comms and proactive events around these products.
Within this role, the candidate will also be involved in launching new products, finding and telling creative stories and helping to build responses to industry issues we face, from hardware and software problems to scrutiny around sales, malware and competition. This role may broaden in time to include other areas of interest.
*Work with a great cross-functional team who works close with marketing to drive strategy and focus, and ensure that our hardware products are top of mind for our key audiences
*Communicate with journalists and other thought leaders, engage in face-to-face demonstrations to evangelise and on-board them onto our products
*Develop messaging and strategies to create hype on hardware across the UK
*Deal and manage tricky issues such as privacy, competition, sales and more
*Collaborate closely with global, regional and country communications and marketing teams.
*Minimum BA/BS degree with a strong academic record
*Professional experience in fast-paced business or non-profit environment
* Public and media relations experience
* Experience in Communications/media relations and storytelling, or journalism, is a strong advantage
* Good knowledge of the market and competitors in the hardware space
* Experience dealing with tough issues and communicating arguments in a simple, effective way
* Knowledge of the UK hardware market coupled with an understanding of what it takes to work across multiple teams and organisations
* Outstanding organisational skills to manage numerous projects at once, from preparing concise written materials that communicate key messages, to managing multi-device campaigns, to cultivating relationships with consumer and tech media outlets.
* Confidence and experience advising executives
* Excellent communication skills – verbal and written (ability to write statements, blog posts, comms docs, speeches) - in English