JOB TITLE: Communications Specialist
Work Location: Omaha
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Write/edit content for employee and mass customer communications for global operations and merchant services.
• Effectively collaborate with all levels of the business, merchant services, corporate, and other global teams on projects and communications that impact the employee and customer experience.
• Ability to write content that is clear and concise and can be easily translated into multiple languages.
• Contribute to the development of multi-faceted communication project plans; creating, producing and displaying communication campaigns
• Ability to adhere to the brand voice and writing style guidelines.
• Develop talking points, FAQs and other materials that can be used as internal resources.
• Manage communication projects.
• Contribute to the communication coordination process for critical incidents.
• Proactively identify communication gaps; develop and implement strategies to fulfill the communication needs.
• 3+ years experience in journalism, communications, technical writing/editing, content management and/or employee communications required.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communications skills are essential.
• Proven ability to effectively react and adapt quickly in rapidly changing, fast-paced work environment.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Additional language would be beneficial, but not required.
• Ability to work independently.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, Sharepoint, and ability to quickly learn other communication systems.
• Must be flexible to work off-hours, when necessary.
• Experience in operations or merchant services a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree (e.g., BA, BS) in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Business or equivalent.
Experience: 2-3 years professional writing experience
Industries worked in: News journalism/broadcasting/digital media or corporate/employee communications or ecommerce/financial (technical writing) experience
Q. Describe the project they will be working on?
A. This individual will draft content that will be distributed to internal employees and customers about products, policies, processes, tools updates and issues.
Q. What are the Top Skills needed to perform this role/job?
1. Ability to write content that is clear and concise and can be easily translated into multiple languages.
2. Collaborate with team members and various levels of the business.
3. Ability to quickly learn to use various communication channel tools. Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Note Pad, etc.
4. Works well under pressure in a deadline driven role.
5. Ability to prioritize workload when alerted to prepare a critical issue notification.
Q. What would the typical work day look like for this contractor (what are they responsible for)?
A. They will provide support to a member on the team. This team lead will give them tasks to draft and edit content, prepare data on Excel spread sheets, distribute notifications using mass mailing tools. On average they be working on about 4 notification requests per day. Each notification is about 300 words in length. On occasion, this individual may be asked to quickly draft a notification on high priority matters.
Q. Any technology companies or a particular industry background that you would like them to come from?
A. Prefer individuals with news journalism/broadcasting or corporate/employee communications or ecommerce/financial (technical writing) experience.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
JOB TITLE: Communications Specialist