A well loved apparel brand is looking for a Communication Coordinator/Proofreader who can turn complex, technical information into clear, concise direction for in store teams. You need to be a strong writer with a great work ethic and a maniacal attention to detail (read: no typos!). You should also be able to manage competing priorities all under tight deadlines (we send a lot of messages to our stores with very little notice!).
The Coordinator will not only write and edit communication, but will also be responsible for publishing it to store teams via our web-based task management platform. You’ll need to be a quick learner with a can-do attitude who can easily figure out our (sometimes cumbersome) internal systems. You’ll also help manage our ongoing localization process, making sure communications are routed for translation in the proper way.
This position reports to the Communications Specialist, and works closely with all levels of the division’s corporate and field organizations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Edit and publish all field-facing information to Old Navy’s task-based store system.
• Work with Marketing, Pricing, Visual, and Operations teams to provide direction to stores that is clear and easy to execute.
• Assist with the ongoing maintenance of store portal.
• Manage weekly localization process to ensure messages are translated and published to Mexico and Quebec stores.
• Manage business partners to ensure all content is accurate, delivered on-time, and translated.
• Act as a communications filter so only the most vital information is communicated to the field.
• Determine the right delivery tool and timing for each communication that will best support execution in stores.
• Think creatively to continually improve our communications tools and processes.
• Educate HQ business partners about Field Communication process and deadlines; hold teams accountable and identify root cause if there are recurring challenges.
• Build cross-brand and cross-functional relationships to understand goals, uncover opportunities and manage upcoming communications needs.
• Build and maintain relationships with field teams to gather feedback on communications tools and resources.