My client is a Global Tech Company based near Reading are looking for a talented individual to join the commercial writing team to enhance their social media presence. This candidate will have a tech writing background and clear copy writing history. This is a 6 month rolling contract, paying up to £190/day for the right candidate.
- The UK Central Marketing Organisation (CMO) team is responsible for delivering B2C & B2B marketing programmes in the UK in order to drive key marketing goals to meet the overall business objectives and UK country requirements.
- The CMO team aspires to best-practice marketing, in pursuit of world-class status – through innovative campaigns, ground-breaking creativity, rigorous results analysis, and thorough consumer insight. They are a multi-award winning team receiving ongoing recognition from the industry, with a successful track record in innovation & creativity.
- The team is an active participant in the UK Marketing industry, with team members who sit on industry bodies, judge marketing awards, and speak regularly at external events.
- It is a dynamic, fun & fast environment, full of challenge for those eager to grow & learn, and significant opportunity for those who are keen to progress within the company.
The Company is entering a new realm of being a digital business. A key part of that is social media strategy and execution which will enable us to become a social business.
Social is driving new terms of engagement. The new customer’s decision journey is transparent and interactive, with social media playing a core part in customer’s and partner’s decision making about brands and products. The business, as a brand, must continuously maintain relationships with potential and existing customers across a broad ecosystem of digital channels and devices.
The central marketing social media team is responsible for defining the UK subsidiary social media strategy and implementing an always on approach, as well as supporting key campaigns to support UK’s commercial marketing brand awareness, demand generation and advocacy goals
We have developed a strong in-house social media team including social media community managers, a social media analyst, paid social media management as well as specialised social media programme managers i.e. for social selling.
We are looking for an individual who can work across the commercial marketing community to build a strong narrative for key audiences in social and create compelling social media content with a strong brand voice. We need a multi-discipline journalist-style writer to help drive our digital output.
The successful candidate will form an important part of the social team, as well as extended editorial team covering all aspects for the B2B audience (particularly SMB and Enterprise with an emphasis on BDMs) as well as a wider view of the technology industry.
Key Accountabilities, Tasks and Activities:
- Work across a wide v-team of PR, marketing communications, audience marketing and marketing experts to deliver a strong editorial social calendar and outstanding social-first content
- Develop a strong voice in the industry. Tone of voice should be in line with the brand, and building on that, this individual will be able to be heard above the crowd
- Sourcing, writing and editing news for social media and other digital platforms.
- Strong emphasis on analysis and reader engagement online, as well as innovation
- Leveraging data and insights from the audience, data & analytics team as well as the social platforms to deliver content based on strong audience insights and customer relevance
- Build and maintain a broad network of contacts both internally and externally. At ease meeting senior leaders, as well as customers and industry leads
- Expected to carry out interviews with leading figures. Able to produce excellent, accurate social copy and with a flair for producing interesting ideas and asking incisive questions.
- Production and project management of rich social editorial content
- Management of the Commercial and Public Sector blogs – from scheduling, to uploading, to publishing
- Management of leadership team’s editorial calendar – creating tweets, suggesting content and helping schedule/publish
- Self-starting individual with experience in content creation for social media. The role requires a high degree of independence, attention to detail, speed and flair
- We are looking for a tenacious, creative journalist/writer
- University Bachelor’s Degree Required (Business or Marketing)
- Strong analytic skillset; a curiosity to test and learn what is most effective.
- Good understanding of modern media consumption habits and corresponding marketing tactics
- Strong blogging and copywriting ability.
- Proactive with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem-solve independently.
- Resilience: Demonstrates tenacity in achieving results, stays calm and in control under pressure, demonstrates a positive attitude in the face of difficulties or ambiguity.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work across a matrix organisation to get things done through others.
- Good creative judgment – ability to express opinion with objectivity.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including with senior management.