The Character Modelers will create hand painted stylized textures inspired from realism. You have a superb talent to model the human form as well as the ability to optimize a mesh for best performance without sacrificing visual quality. You possess a keen eye for visual esthetics in addition to the underlying topology. Though your passion is creating beautiful assets, as a Character Modeler you aren’t afraid of working within a technical pipeline and are comfortable problem solving. You are confident enough to run with a task with little oversight but are open to feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers. A Character Modeler must have a passion for games.
Your portfolio must demonstrate the following:
- An ability to think and texture assets in 3D in a variety of styles ranging from realistic to hand painted
- Drawings/sketches that display basic skills as well as any modeling and texture work related to characters
- Understanding of human anatomy, clothed figures and differing materials
- Strong 3D sculpting abilities & 2D painting skills (life drawings, painting, etc.)
- Understanding of vertex weighting
- Aptitude to take direction and work well with others
- Breadth of artistic styles, especially hand painted
- An understanding of optimization for game engines (mesh & texture size limits)
- Excellent sense scale and level of finish
Modelers are expected to have a proficient experience with 3D Software such as Maya & Photoshop. Experience with zBrush, 3DCoat, etc. would be a plus but not a prerequisite.
Education: College preferred
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs