Artists that can create 3D assets that have geo, textures, and shaders that could be used in the experience. Familiar with a variety of tools such as Blender and Maya. They can build art from imagery, including concept art, and photographic reference. These artists can sometimes work on environment and character models.
The sort of person that we are looking for will have some or many of the following skills:
- Accomplished Character Designer with a string portfolio of real-time high-touch work (> 7 yrs, lead work beneficial, however you need to be very strong on-the-box and used to working production)
- Strong Design sensibilities with an eye for the innate humor and eccentricity that makes people love characters.
- Deep familiarity with Maya essential (Zbrush, Cloth Sim technology, Houdini etc. all pluses). You should be able to model and texture all of your work.
- Familiarity with real-time 3D graphics (the pipelines, the technical, perf and power constraints and the mindset to produce excellence with limited resources)
- Passion for great visual design that shows in your work (experience of work within a Design Studio a major plus)
- Comfortable working within an environment in which the goals evolve rapidly and technical and design hurdles need to be solved on the fly.
Your day-to-day work will consist of the following:
- Working with Art Director, UX Designers, Interaction Designers and Developers to make great 3D Design.
- Partnering with the Art Director, Tech Lead and Lead Animator to design iconic semi-realistic characters
- Use your specific skills to problem solve and prototype new ideas.
- To love production and build something everyday
- To help those around you do great work.