Channel Marketing Manager - Reading (Maternity Cover)
The Consumer & Devices Sales organization works with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earn fans around the world Retail channel marketing
The retail channel is vital to growth not only for the direct revenue it generates, but also due to the retail channel’s unique ability to help build brand equity and engagement due to its outreach to consumer and small business customers worldwide. The Business has a long history of working with partners to reach end customers and this certainly applies to our retail go-to- market approach. Developed tremendous relationships with retailers and distributors worldwide making our retail success possible. Considered best in class, our retail teams are setting the industry standard. So, whilst we can teach you our specific market, you’ll need to be a digital retail channel marketing expert if you’re to develop and drive the flawless execution of inspired digital channel marketing and merchandising strategies. Maximizing retail impact and revenue, you’ll work across UK and global retail teams and business groups to create, communicate and implement winning digital and omni channel strategies with our retail partners.
The Channel Marketing Manager (CMM) is responsible for driving increased market share and platform revenues of products by developing, implementing and measuring retailer specific promotions and marketing plans. Working in partnership with retailers the role will involve finding ways to effectively communicate the brand, story and products at the point of purchase via innovative in store & online messaging, comprehensive RSP training & partner media activity plans. Reporting to the Retail Marketing Director, the CMM will partner with the UK Partner Account Managers, UK Category Managers, and our retail partners and could work across a number of exciting product categories. Working in a fast paced environment where marketing innovation is key, the CMM needs to deliver the right mix of physical and digital execution, understanding emerging trends & technologies as well as the more traditional mechanics.
- Execute managed retail marketing plans and programs in support of Product Category direction that deliver standout for products versus the competition
- Develop a comprehensive all-up Retail marketing strategy inclusive of product launches, marketing campaigns, consumer initiatives, and managing new channels or methods of distribution
- Manage MDF & OPEX marketing spend at partner level whilst executing priorities as defined with the relevant Category team
- Develop channel marketing plans for retailers based on collaboration with the retail partner, Category Managers and PAMs. Plans will encompass and partner goals and expectations, be differentiated by retail partner and ensure brand ownership, whilst delivering in store & online merchandising, and store staff advocacy.
- Identify the levers for driving share and revenue at the retail partner level (e.g. shelf presence, display, promotions etc.)
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the partner, how they take products to market, their marketing vehicles, opportunities and timelines (become an expert in the partner)
- Track all marketing spend over time, collate proof of execution materials and ROI detail to drive learnings and inform future spend
- Co-ordinate the design, production and execution of partner specific merchandising, online and training materials
- Work with the CDS Training team to help direct the activities of the field team within the retail partner, including determining training & marketing compliance measurement activities
- Develop fully integrated digital marketing campaigns encompassing all the main functional elements including website presence, CRM, Social media, SEO, Mobile
- Experience of developing and driving partner and/or customer marketing strategy and execution in retail
- Digital marketing experience – understanding of online marketing channels (Search, Mobile, Social, Web, etc)
- Project/program management experience
- Be able to effectively drive cross-group cooperation, using strong communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Possess a personal passion for marketing, customer relationship marketing, technology, partners and satisfaction.
- Financial and analytical experience the business
- Negotiation and influencing skills that gain successful outcomes for both the partner and the business