It’s an exciting time to join Nest, we are growing rapidly and we’re looking for a Retail Marketing
Contractor, for a period of 12 months, to support the EMEA Retail channel needs, reporting to the Retail Marketing Lead, Southern Europe. The role is based in London.
Nest welcomes energetic and driven individuals who navigate at ease in a fast paced environment and
demonstrate entrepreneurial skills. The team is passionate about building the vision of the thoughtful
home. Working on the Retail Marketing team and in close cooperation with the Sales team leads, in this position you will be responsible for coordinating retail marketing and merchandising operations in
Southern Europe, implementing the Nest customer experience across the retail channel.
As a cross-functional activity across multiple territories, you will also be responsible for supporting
Nest’s merchandising in EMEA, working with suppliers to develop interactive content and analyse
merchandising performance. This role will also coordinate and track for Nest’s demand generation
budget investment with key EMEA retail partners.
● Retail Marketing, Southern Europe -:
You will be working closely with the South Retail Marketing
Lead and with the Sales manager for Southern Europe to help grow the retail business in France,
Italy and Spain. You will have primarily a focus on retail marketing activities in France, a key
retail market for Nest. The retail team currently manages 23 retailers and 6 distributors in
Southern Europe; you will attend regular meetings with high profile accounts and serve as an
ambassador for the brand and be the main point of contact for marketing queries. Specifically,
you’ll support the team with:
○ Account Management - Supporting Sales when onboarding new accounts, and building
relationships with marketing counterparts at key retailers and distributors, ensuring
they have all assets required to build online and in-store activities;
○ Merchandising - Drive POS operations, from store tiering, to merchandising planning in
the South region, with a key focus on French retailers;
○ Demand Generation planning and executing - Building quarterly demand generation
plans to support the South region retail growth targets, and track monthly expenditure
against budgets, supply assets and check execution;
○ Online - Ensuring that Nest’s presence on retailers’ website is of the highest standards,
and that the customer journey to the product pages for Nest products is clean and
immediate; helping to provide assets for online web pages and keeping existing pages
up to date with the latest features and messaging.
○ Analytics -Working with Analytics to monitor and track performance of POS and demand
generation activities for the South region. Sharing insights and learnings to the wider
team to drive higher performance.
○ Finance - Raising, track and manage PO’s for the activity you are delivering. Ensuring it is
within budget and recorded diligently. Supporting the team with quarterly and monthly
forecasting, budgeting and re-phasing budgets.
● Merchandising :
As a cross-functional responsibility across all EMEA countries, you will support
the EMEA Merchandising Lead, who sits within the Retail Marketing team, to deliver best in
class in-store execution for Nest. Working with Nest Creative and external agencies, you will:
○ Manage the conception, production and deployment of interactive POS content,
including initiatives such as the Nest demo app, which sit on Nest’s merchandising
○ Work with the Analytics team to deliver quarterly performance analysis for Nest’s
merchandising and interactive content.
● Demand Generation :
You will also support the Retail Marketing Lead for South, who manages
the planning of Demand Generation activities across all EMEA retailers, by:
○ Working with the Nest Analytics team to provide in-depth analysis of Nest EMEA’s
demand generation activities performance and their impact on sales results;
○ Working with Nest Finance and Planning teams to ensure that Nest EMEA demand
generation expenditures are diligently tracked internally, and payments to customers
processed in a timely manner.
● Proven track record of retail marketing, merchandising planning and execution and
management of demand generation budgets (3+ Yrs minimum).
● Project management and cross-functional collaboration skills - the candidate should thrive in a
fast paced, pressured environment and not be adverse to ambiguity. In addition, a proven track
record of managing an end to end process; from briefing to delivery.
● Ability to independently support the team’s needs - from high level development to incredibly
detailed tactical plans; a self-starter who can navigate obstacles and blockers to execute
● Good understanding of the importance of brand positioning / product marketing and any
associated strategies aligning with country/language localization best practices.
● Strong organisational Travel will be required (20%)
● Excellent communication skills. Fluency in French and English, Spanish or Italian is a plus!