Under the general direction of the Marketing Manager – Merchandise, the Channel Manager – Category Merchant is responsible for developing and implementing the long- and short-term category-specific product assortment and merchandise strategies. They will support campaigns to increase market share of principal-owned, consumer-focused Signature Stores, Premier and Registered Showrooms through such activities as merchandising, messaging, promotions, and creative consumer and trade communications including P.O.P materials to maximize brand in the marketplace.
Evaluates, prioritizes and aligns strategies, timing, and creative messaging of the product assortment and merchandising in accordance with company, market share, profitability, and revenue goals, ensuring a cohesive brand strategy throughout the assigned category retail space. Additionally, they will forge effective relationships internally and externally to ensure accountability and success in the merchandising process within established time frames and budgetary constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- 4-6 years of product assortment and/or merchandising experience in a retail company with progressively more responsibility and a proven track record of successful results.
- 1 Year of P&L, strategic planning and/or budgeting experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing principles and ability to analyze, think creatively, innovate, and plan with attention to detail and accuracy through execution.
- Technical proficiency in Excel.