Our large financial services company located in Owings Mills, MD is seeking a Change Communications Manager for a 3+ month contract assignment, fulltime, onsite.
The Communications Consultant will provide writing support and other tactical duties to ensure change communications needs are met in the IRPS business unit (Individual & Retirement Plan Services).
The consultant will take direction from the Manager of Change Communications and provide writing support for multiple projects. The consultant should be highly nimble and able to move quickly in new situations and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Change Communications Consultant Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement comprehensive communications plan, using a variety of communication vehicles.
• Responsible for conveying the organization’s internal messages and scope of project; write talking points, FAQs, and emails, prepare presentations, and communicate with program stakeholders to support advancement of the program, change process and strategic alignment
• Support leaders on all program change efforts with appropriate communications to audiences within and across the organization
• Develop key messages to ensure consistency
• Manage program communications and activities which include program communication meetings and overall management of communication resources
• Provide support to Enterprise Program Manager, Leadership, and Associates on Program level governance and communication activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an aptitude for clear and concise synthesis and writing of complex, technical information
• Prosci trained/knowledge of ADKAR process
• Experience with writing and executing change management communications to stakeholders and program sponsors
• 8 - 10+ years of professional experience in communications
• Knowledge and understanding of developing and executing communication strategy from an enterprise-level
• Must work well with others and be proactive in campaign management and execution efforts
• Experience in Financial-services industry preferred The successful candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging situations. Candidates should have prior experience in business communication roles and be able to provide laser focus on deliverables and meeting tight deadlines. Candidates will require little direction and be able to extract meaning from background materials and briefings they will be provided in a fast-paced setting.