Currently looking for a full-time Category Merchant with at least six years experience in Business to Business Merchandising or related Product Management, Brand Management, Merchandising function supporting a sales organization.
- Develop a realistic and effective business plan for each product line to achieve budgeted goals in sales, margin, operating profit, customer acquisition, repurchase, retention and customer satisfaction
- Drive the execution of this plan through effective partnership with portfolio planning, retail, field sales, marketing, telesales, site operations, finance and customer service
- Develop accurate financial and item forecasts with Portfolio Planning, Finance, and Inventory Management
- Work with Corporate Pricing and industry benchmarks to determine optimal pricing strategies
- Develop effective promotional strategies and associated planning efforts needed to increase incremental sales and profit dollars on promotions
- Manage catalog and online merchandising to ensure an easy, error free shopping experience for our Customers
- Improve supply chain efficiencies, including improved inventory turns, reduction in customer returns rate, improved order fill rate, effective selling strategies to reduce end of life inventory challenges, etc
- Advanced negotiation skills and proven ability to lead in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across the organization and with vendors
- Expert knowledge of industry trends, competition, assortment planning, customer buying patterns, inventory management, logistics and marketing techniques
- Strong business acumen; proficient in understanding analytics and other measurement tools required for targeted actions, plan modifications, and sustainable results
- Advanced negotiating skills expected with vendors to secure lowest total delivered cost, volume incentives, rebates, advertising and other applicable allowances
- Expert level merchandising of assigned line(s) demonstrating innovation, creativity, and proven results in driving sales and profitability while ensuring service levels with minimum inventory investment and maximum product margin
Please apply to this posting for more information and qualified candidates will be contacted immediately regarding next steps.