As a merchandising manager in this assignment, you will lead the merchandising experience of select consumer hardware products for client’s owned and operated online hardware store. You will lead new product launches for your category, working closely with Product Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Operations, Creative, and UX to create positioning, messaging, site placement, and creative for the store. You will also be responsible for analyzing category metrics, reporting and optimizing performance for your product categories.
The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker, problem solver and exceptional marketer with the proven ability to multi-task, lead programs and optimize user experience in an e-Commerce channel. This is a critical and high visibility role with an opportunity for a strong candidate to make direct impact on the future of a rapidly growing product and channel.
-Lead strategy, positioning, messaging and global go-to-market plan for key product categories
-Optimize the online shopping experience to increase conversion through site presentation and product merchandising by looking at sales & web analytics, as well as online shopping best practices.
-Create new product & update category pages to highlight trends, promotions and “shopper centric” thinking.
-Select featured product and promotions for key store pages: home page, category pages, marketing landing pages, product stories, and other web assets.
-Manage implementation of content into CMS, QA and publication
-Ensure all critical flow areas of site are functioning properly and facilitate quick and efficient resolution of any errors.
-Understand customer behavior through web analytics, creating reporting as needed to achieve this.
-Partner with creative team to drive visual strategy for landing pages, heroes, and creative shoots.
-Partner with user experience and design teams to plan creative updates to ensure a best-in-class online shopping experience.
-Partner closely with Demand Generation team in driving site traffic through external marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- 5+ years marketing, merchandising or management consulting experience
- 3+ years experience in online retail/ecommerce
- Knowledge of and experience with online merchandising best practices; ability to advise on strategies and product requirements to enhance platform-level merchandising capabilities.
- Editorial and creative skills -- ability to craft messaging and work with design and production resources to drive creative execution
Nice to Haves:
- MBA Preferred
- Experience in a merchandising role for a mobile or online consumer electronic business