We are seeking candidates for category managers at multiple levels of experience with a proven track record of managing merchandise categories, delivering exceptional business results and building strong partnerships.
Reporting to the Head of Seller Acquisition & Scaling, this non-supervisory contract position involves managing and supporting some of most strategically important categories and sellers to help them as they grow their ecommerce businesses.
Supported by local technical, marketing and deals staff, you will manage category business’ assigned to you and help sellers within those categories maximize their ecommerce sales by studying and sharing buyer demand and seller performance data. You will source and optimize inventory and pricing while also being the point person for retail promotions, and assisting the seller with issues they may encounter. You will lead holistic category growth and will be the subject matter expert on your assortment and competitive insights.
Top-notch customer service skills are the minimum that we expect for this role. To succeed, you’ll also need to be thorough, reliable and highly adaptable. To thrive you’ll need to be able to work with others with fluidity, and love working in a fun but high-paced, agile and demanding business.
- 2 -5 years of category and / or account management experience.
- University Undergraduate Degree.
- Great customer service skills.
- self-starter / self-motivated
- Great communication skills. (English fluency essential, French an asset).
- High sense of ownership for your business (Responsible, action -bias, drive results and a positive mindset).
- Fluency with MS-Office especially with MS excel and PowerPoint .
- Prior experience with categories such as electronics and sporting goods an asset
- Effective at analytics - working with numbers and end-user business reports.
- Internet-based business experience an asset.
- Familiarity with platform and/or ecommerce fulfillment systems an asset.
- 1-year contract position, extended based on performance
- Based in Toronto, Canada
- Reports directly to the Head of Seller Acquisition & Scaling
- Less than 5% travel is required. Travel is within Canada and the USA.
- 40 hours weekly
- Day shift