The Marketing Automation Specialist, Professional Development, develops, executes, tracks and analyzes
creative, results-driven digital lead generation campaigns across all Professional Development (PD) product lines and
geographies for Apollo Education Group (AEG) and Western International University (West). The Marketing
Automation Specialist formulates digital marketing strategy, identifies and evaluates new data-driven opportunities for
revenue and customer growth, executes campaigns across a wide array of channels and develops analytical insights to
1. Ensure the successful integration and implementation of Marketo and Salesforce.com to support and enhance
multi-channel, multi-touch campaign management and closed loop lead management; optimize marketing
automation to deliver timely and relevant marketing campaigns that include smart lists, emails, landing pages and
2. Develop and implement new customer acquisition/retention and traffic-driving campaigns across paid, owned and
earned digital channels; manage the paid digital media program, including search marketing, retargeting and
display, while constantly assessing, challenging and optimizing the performance of the initiatives.
3. Maintain the in-house marketing contact database, using best practice data collection activities, to build and
maintain programs to cleanse and enhance the data; build and manage the Marketo scoring model, and monitor
and optimize it to increase the success of lead quality, volume and delivery of marketing qualified leads (MQLs).
4. Build and create statistical reports for campaigns and programs; identify key metrics needed to improve our
marketing and achieve goals; build and manage key performance indicators; evaluate online marketing
effectiveness and analyze online marketing activities.
5. Provide strategic insight, including revenue growth progress and its key drivers or inhibitors, to key executive
stakeholders to inform decisions about sales planning, quota updates, headcount and sales plans.
6. Incorporate into all campaigns the latest advances and best practices in online marketing and demand generation
to drive lead flow, customer acquisition and retention.
7. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.