Individuals within the Technical Writing Job Family will edit, write, standardize, research, and authenticate policies and procedures, training manuals, handbooks, and other various support documentation. The documentation shall be created and distributed using various multimedia/web/internet and Intranet-based tools. Rewrite and edit technical staff documentation in a clear and concise style. Make editorial and aesthetic improvements to documents and recommend new designs, layouts, and procedures. This position will work closely with Management to develop and deliver innovative communication strategies to complement training and support activities. They will collaborate with the training team to ensure training material is current and relevant. Will be responsible for updating material as technology changes are implemented. Will update desk level operations procedures to reflect business practices and organizational structures.
Additionally, they will contribute and conduct review meetings with Management for documentation approval. Map business processes when necessary. Contribute to development and implementation of annual work plan. Actively participate on Policy and Procedures Governance Team, when and where applicable.
Work samples will be requested during interview.
1. Meet with business stakeholders to obtain content.
2. Write business documentation. (Desk Level Procedures)
3. Create document templates
4. Drive documentation through approval process.
5. Publish business documentation in repository.
6. Edit business documentation as needed.
7. Map business processes.
Skills a Top Candidate Should Have:
1. Communication skills/Meeting facilitation
2. Technical writing skills
3. Desk top publishing
4. Camtasia or other system recording software
1. SharePoint Knowledge
2. Medicare Knowledge
3. Healthcare Knowledge
1. Good Communication Skills
3. Time Management