My client is leading workers and personal injury claims specialist looking to create a world-class customer experience through customer centred design methodologies. The scope of the role involves partnering with internal stakeholders and working with project managers and agile developments teams to contribute to the implementation of the customer transformation program and lead a number of key projects, including the redesign of their customer-facing portal aimed at improving process and business efficiencies, redesign their employee platform and high-level concepts for an app.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the National Customer Experience Manager and working as the sole design resource on the project, you will play role in contributing to the design and build of a competitive national customer experience strategy. Thus, substantial experience working across end-to-end design process, with particular strength in Information Architecture, UX and prototyping capabilities is essential.
You will have accountability for conducting user research to define customer needs & requirements, design product UI and interactions for digital solutions, create interactive prototypes to communicate concepts, conduct usability testing of design concepts with end users, create visual design mockups and work with agile sprint development teams to deliver UI Designs.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has strong experience driving customer-centric culture and is happy to take the lead in developing, setting up, and implementing process. You won't just be contributing to the Strategic Design of CX but also the establishment of a framework (and approach) founded on best-practice customer experience design principles!
In this position, you will also play a key role in educating internal stakeholders & agile teams on the design process and help embed the 'Customer at the Heart' culture. Thus, the ability to guide the team and explain design process is very important in this role-- setup processes and co-design solutions with internal partners to address CX issues, lead workshops and testing, explain how to gather requirements and take them on the journey with you!
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand key requirements of the project
- Partner with Project Managers and Developers to oversee the visual design and user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Conduct comprehensive customer research (user testing, interviews, surveys, etc.,) to inform product improvements and recommendations
- Ability to use research findings to develop concepts and translate into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes
- Document user requirements based on customer needs and create visual design mockups and style guides according to brand identity
- Lead user-centered design effort to develop, design and document the detailed user journey for a website or app including screens, interactions, and prototypes through detailed wireframes
- Create interactive prototypes to communicate concepts, and to conduct concept and usability testing fo design with end users
- Enable a consistent approach to CX tailored (where required) to address individual scheme requirements
- Act as a Customer Experience champion for all related programs and initiative ensuring alignment and consistent
QUALITIES AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Customer Centred Design / Human Centred Design / Design Thinking expertise and experience
- Experience driving execution - translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure success
- Substantial experience (at least 5 years) working across end-to-end design process, with a particular strength in IA, UX and prototyping
- UX/UI expertise including user research, prototyping, iterative design, wireframing, usability, and requirements gathering
- 3-5 year developing and deliver design thinking / HCD course
- Strong creative skills, both generating and visualizing ideas and ability to recognize & describe good design
- Customer journey mapping and persona development
- Excellent communication skills- clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to
- Strong coaching & mentoring skills
- Possess strong relationship management and influencing skills
(This position operates in a commercially focused, customer outcome driven environment that focuses on ownership, accountability and a consultative approach. It is a 12-month fixed term contract.)
If this role sound like a match for you, please apply ASAP with your latest CV & Portfolio/website that provides relevant examples of your web/mobile/tablet/product based human/customer centered design based projects. Or, please email directly to Ellie Doran / email@example.com
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you! :)