This role reports into the Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) Lead within the Hardware Marketing team that manages a family of products.
As a Product Marketing Manager, CRM for Hardware Marketing you will define and execute strategies that drive measurable growth in adoption, engagement & loyalty for hardware products. You will work closely with stakeholders across marketing, product, customer experience, support and engineering teams, as well as outside agencies/vendors, to design and deliver communications and experiences that educate, inspire and delight customers at key moments in their customer lifecycle across multiple touchpoints. You are passionate about driving engagement and optimizing customer lifetime value across all stages of the customer lifecycles. You’re an expert at juggling multiple priorities and managing input and expectations across key stakeholders. You are equally comfortable writing copy and reviewing creative designs as you are drawing actionable insights from analyzing data. You are a self-starter who can work in a rapidly-changing industry, tolerate ambiguity, and lead cross-functional teams through influence. You demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. This role is part of a fast-paced marketing team where strong business strategy and communication skills are critical to success.
Whether you're on a consumer product or a business product, you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- Own and drive the customer engagement strategy for hardware products, working closely with internal stakeholders to define segmentation strategies, message matrices, welcome and onboarding strategies, cross-sell and upsell plans, testing/optimization plans, customer retention and winback plans, etc across multiple channels and geographies. Lead annual and quarterly business planning globally. Contribute to executive communications and presentations.
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional stakeholder relationships across multiple levels; coordinate timely feedback and approvals. Be a team player. Understand other teams’ goals, seek their input, and incorporate their expertise into your plans. Gain their commitment and support for your projects and initiatives.
- Know our customers. Work closely with market research and analysts to identify the key drivers of engagement and churn. Identify actionable insights from customer data to continually improve CRM strategies.
- Manage external agencies and vendors to produce and launch timely campaigns across multiple geographies that are on brand and within budget. Work closely with product and marketing partners to create and maintain a forward-looking customer communications editorial calendar that aligns with the product roadmap and promotions calendar. Develop and maintain a content library that includes both evergreen and new customer-facing content that can be re-purposed across multiple channels.
- Own and manage the end to end campaign design, development, production and testing process, including the documentation of realistic requirements for related systems and processes. Includes closely monitoring customer activity and campaign performance dashboards and tracking and reporting progress against KPIs on a regular basis. Proactively identify and implement process improvements and create and share best practices playbooks.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in B2C direct or digital marketing, consulting, or related field.
- Strong familiarity with email best practices and other digital marketing strategies (re-targeting, social, in app and push notifications, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience in the end to end design, development and management of lifecycle marketing campaigns.
Nice to Have:
- MBA, MS or other advanced degree.
- Customer-focused marketing or consulting professional with a strong track record of creating and managing end to end marketing campaigns that drive measurable growth in customer retention/loyalty.
- Distinctive problem-solving, strategic thinking, and analytical capabilities. Demonstrated capacity to roll out highly personalized, data-driven marketing campaigns using iterative A/B test designs.
- Extensive experience managing creative agencies in the design and development of digital campaigns across multiple geographies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; experience successfully collaborating with cross functional teams; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and have strong project management capabilities; can execute effectively and deliver high-quality work against tight deadlines. Proficiency working with spreadsheets and strong powerpoint presentation skills.
- Experience working with consumer marketing products, ideally in the consumer electronics industry.