CRM Manager: Tech Start-Up. £45-65k doe.
Zone 2 West London
We are looking for an experienced CRM Manager to join our Marketing team and help drive consumer and business engagement. We have a well-defined marketing strategy and need the right person to build on our existing CRM approach and to implement a new referral programme across our B2C and B2B business. As we grow our need for a sophisticated approach to maximising journeys, segmentation and expressing relevant, value driven messages is paramount. This is an opportunity to be instrumental in driving our growth.
As CRM Manager, you will own the CRM strategy development and implementation. In this small team, you will be expected to present to our most senior stakeholders, as well as, roll up your sleeves and dig in at every step of the journey. You will develop an intimate knowledge of our consumer and business users. You will use this detail to create new ways to grow our reach, implement advanced personalisation and segmentation and brief for an exceptional standard of creative content in our messages. A core part of the programme will include the development of a referral approach.
Alongside the Growth team, you will be responsible for building on the existing framework to monitor and report on performance (engagement, conversion and data capture) and using this insight to fuel long term opportunities and select quick wins.
This role is critical to our marketing strategy, so we are looking for a strong leader; someone who knows how to foster, champion and nourish a commitment to collaboration and team thinking; someone flexible who will react positively to the dynamic nature of a fast-growing tech company; someone who loves what you do, brings new and innovative ideas to the table, and is inspired by new challenges. You must have impeccable communication skills and an ability to relate to and be trusted by your team.
- Be responsible for delivering and designing a CRM strategy across multiple moments/touch points in the B2C and B2B journey including emails, SMS, push notifications and DM channels.
- Develop and execute a bespoke referral programme
- Derive insight from across the business (with particular attention paid to business development, account management and local markets) to integrate at every opportunity.
- Deep dive into customer, consumer, campaign and channel data, identifying opportunities to target new segments to drive a desired behaviour and to inform and evolve the direction of the strategy.
- Investigate opportunities on social media, lead generation and on site to drive data access and integrity.
- Provide strategic input into the scoping of marketing partnerships across the B2B business.
- Own the audience strategy globally. Work closely with local marketing teams to address market specific opportunities and customer nuances
- Work to drive personalisation using methods such as segmentation.
- Develop an associated content approach (including best practice templates) and work with our internal creative and production teams to deliver exceptional creative that consistently builds the brand and illustrates the value proposition.
- Ensure an optimal customer contact strategy, ensuring cross-communication and cross-channel consistency.
- Own the complete end to end campaign management from inception through to requirements, build, deployment and analysis with the support of our integrated teams.
- Discover new functionality and/or new tools that could elevate the innovation in our communications.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our communications technologies so as to trouble shoot and solve difficult, sometimes technical problems, as well as to find process efficiencies where possible.
- Run experiments, proving ideas, and helping to scale them up. Drive a test and learn approach.
- Benchmark activity against competitors, ensuring that the CRM strategy remains leading edge.
- 7-10 years work experience, 5 of which should be in CRM.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret, data and contextual information quickly – and distill the most important/relevant information for strategic roll out.
- Good communication skills – ability to clearly explain complicated concepts to non experts.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Proactive, you will have to identify challenges and opportunities and communicate with the right person.
- Ability to effectively brief and manage external agencies/3rd parties.
- Works to tight deadlines with a can-do attitude – able to effectively prioritise work.
- Diverse experience within a CRM role at an agency or tech company (email marketing, automation/trigger based email, lifecycle marketing).
- Experience of Loyalty programs.
- Deep expertise throughout the modern digital marketing ecosystem – able to demonstrate new ways to maximise data assets and propose new solutions.
- Natural curiosity and desire to solve data challenges, working collaboratively with (and being able to influence) stakeholders.
- Knowledge of data architecture, incorporating traditional customer data alongside digital data, DMP integration and the utilisation of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data across paid and owned channels.
- GDPR and implications for data governance.
- Experience with email broadcast tools.