JOB TITLE: Copywriter (Senior)
TERM: 2 – 3 months
The purpose of this position is to provide copywriting and copy editing capabilities to the Client's Global Brand Creative Team. As the right candidate you will implement and execute the brand strategy and be responsible for selling the company's products by writing informative and interesting copy that emphasizes the brands' benefits. You will be one of three in-house writers helping shape the brand voice and ensuring that copy coming out of the department will be consistent and aligned. A mature, organized and logical approach married with a creative, collaborative and thoughtful mind will suit this role best. You know fashion, art, literature and music and have a strong pulse on cultural shifts from historic legacy into modernity. This position is a temporary role to help support the team’s influx of work while we recruit for long-term permanent positions. If you like to write to a range of creative and marketing mediums, have a keen editing eye and attune to brand guidelines swiftly while bringing clarity to ambiguous situations then this is the right place for you.
• The copywriter will create content that adheres to pre-established brand standards — and when necessary — will work alongside creative and marketing team leads to further establish brand tone and copy guidelines. All project deliverables will be executed according to these guidelines and departmental best practice.
• Operate as editor lead across team of copywriters to align brand voice and tone across all copy developed by the department.
• Contributes to the development of brand standards and copy guidelines, which will exist as internal marketing communication tools for a variety of content producer audiences.
• Collaborates with senior leads and creative partners to develop concepts, and strategic storytelling ideas that can be effectively executed within a range of business channels and marketing mediums.
• Receive direction and present proposed copy solutions while meeting deadlines on a variety of projects simultaneously. Ensure work is reviewed/approved by leadership before presentation and subsequently vetted by Legal, Marketing and Merchant partners.
• Present work to peers, partners and management in a clear, professional manner. Where appropriate, include research that will support chosen strategies.
• Demonstrates global cultural awareness with regard to content crossing global borders and leverages consultant resources, as required
• Complete formal copy decks for all assigned projects and maintain an organized, up to date set of files (including all versions) within the department’s file servers and asset management systems.
• Adhere to project timelines and partner with project management to mitigate and escalate work issues and impacting parameters for project deadlines.
• Attend department, status, direction, presentation and feedback meetings to offer creative input and ensure that all assigned work is communicated and informed back to relevant partner.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 5 – 7+ years of experience in retail/apparel/fashion writing preferably in a globally branded consumer environment or alternatively in a fashion editorial role.
• Experience collaborating with creative and marketing team leads.
• Experience presenting work in a meeting environment to peers and senior management.
• Creative thinker who can provide a solid portfolio of creative ideas.
SPECIALIZED / TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
• Intermediate level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Solid understanding of how to write content for retail, wholesale, e-commerce, email, social, digital marketing, print, promotions, and video and the varying parameters each medium requires.
• Keen knowledge of the apparel/retail competitive landscape and resourceful use of research mediums.
• Detail oriented and meticulous proofreader of your work and other colleagues.
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING & ANALYSIS:
• Flexible in responding to changes in business priorities.
• A positive, solution-driven attitude.
• Ability to work under creative direction and respond well to feedback on your work and presentation.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously when needed.
• Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under multiple, occasionally competing deadlines and the ability to prioritize and communicate out about project priority list.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS / COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to comprehend messaging hierarchy to communicate effectively.
• Comfortable with working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
• Compelling presenter.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
JOB TITLE: Copywriter (Senior)