COPYWRITER || ECOMMERCE
LOCATION: San Francisco CA
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 6+ Months || Mon-Fri || 40 hours/week
PAY: $30-$38/hr (based on experience)
OUR FORTUNE 500 FASHION CLIENT IS IN NEED OF A COPYWRITER ASAP!
This Copywriter will be responsible for writing advertising copy to promote sale of goods and services by presenting information in an appealing, informative, concise and easy to understand manner by performing the following duties. Projects will mainly consist of writing compelling copy for the digital space (eCommerce site, emails, and online promotions).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate with internal teams and external customers for the best possible product presentation.
• Read/analyze technical information for each new product, and any existing products, for presentation in catalog and Internet.
• Observe the product in use, examine it, and use it when possible, to gain understanding.
• Attend all meetings related to catalog and Internet production, taking good notes on product and process. Write for all products on assigned pages for each catalog and for the Internet.
• Adjust all products and other copy to meet the needs of customers, marketing and management.
• Track the progress of assigned pages throughout catalog process and track progress of products on Internet.
• Organize workload for efficient time-management. Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time.
• Write other types of documents such as news releases, letters of response, personal interviews, items for other departments, instruction manuals, etc.
• Read and maintain a library of current reference materials
• Review copy using checklist and format copy according to department style guide.
• Proofread and edit as necessary. Assist team leader and other copywriters as needed.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
• Education: Minimum of BA in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study Professional Experience
• The ability to write compelling, engaging fashion copy
• 5+ years experience
• Writing experience in advertising or related
• Experience working on the internet
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
• Ability to write for a variety of media and audiences
• Ability to conform writing to prescribed style format
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
• Must be well organized and detail oriented
• Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
• Ability to use desktop publishing programs (preferably QuarkXPress). Knowledge of MS Word and Excel (prefer FileMaker Pro as well)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
COPYWRITER || ECOMMERCE