Our client is a mid sized creative / design agency in Amsterdam.
This role reports directly to the CEO.
This role is ideal for a mature COO with several years of experience in a large project driven agency environment. The COO is a key member of the senior management. He/she will maintain control over the Finance, IT and Operations department. He/she is an strong and efficient leader. Excellent people skills, business acumen as well as work ethics.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business; to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Develop and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of Finance, IT and Operations employees.
- Encourage employees towards maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to CEO and group direct manager (Group CFO) on monthly and, quarterly basis, as well as in all other matters of importance
- Assist CEO in all relevant matters
- Participate in innovation and expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, strategic alliances)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors]
- BSC/BA in business administration or relevant field, MSC/MBA is a plus, with at least 6 years of relevant controlling experience on the job
- Proven experience as COO or relevant role
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Pro active and positive attitude
- Problem solving and hands on attitude
- Engaging personality
- Excellent knowledge of English, in word as well as in writing
- Advanced Excel user, skilled in setting up several reports
- Willing to walk that extra mile, no 9-5 mentality
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Sales and marketing
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis