START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 1 YEAR
LOCATION: BELLEVUE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL CONTENT EDITOR! **
- Write, edit, publish, and test customer-facing content (such as, knowledge base articles, UI copy, email templates, and other content types) across multiple sites and in multiple languages
- Adhere to strict in-house voice and style guidelines, UX principles, processes, and established standards for quality, scope, and usability of content.
- Ensure content meets requirements, is accurate, functional, and relevant.
- Create the optimum customer-facing content experiences that marry the business goals with the user tasks.
- Address update requests, clarifying details when necessary.
- Gather, document, and maintain content requirements, content project documentation, and other similar information.
- Stand up customer-facing websites, thoroughly testing site functionality and content to ensure all requirements are met.
- Troubleshoot issues related to site features, functionalities, and content errors.
- Run reports on content performance and identify optimization opportunities.
- Perform content inventories and audits.
- Participate in task effort estimations.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to internal stakeholders in a timely, professional manner upon completion of content requests; and explaining why all or part of the request could not be fulfilled, when necessary.
- Translate complex processes into simple, clear, end-user focused content solutions.
- Proactively help to improve processes, implement projects, create documentation, and incorporate perspective to ensure a comprehensive job is done.
- Cross-train as needed and assist in meeting overarching content goals by handling other writing, editing, and project tasks, as assigned.
- Regularly report back to team on progress, flag issues and risks in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of experience creating and managing desktop and mobile content experiences for the end-user, and on a global scale
- E-commerce experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in a content management system
- Advanced HTML, Excel, Word, and Web publishing knowledge
- Content Project Management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skills to gather and clarify requirements, define content scope
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and scope/requirements change within a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across teams and departments, with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow strict processes, multi-task, and juggle competing priorities, while delivering content on tight timelines
- Ability to synthesize complex processes into simple and engaging customer-facing language
- Detail-oriented; data- and deadline-driven
- Experience with website analytics tools and reporting
- Degree in technical communication, English, or writing/editing preferred