COMMUNICATIONS TEAM – PROJECT MANAGER
The Project Manager is responsible for working to drive the RFP response process practice in conjunction with the steps of the Company Sales Model and the levers of the Revenue Engine. The project manager will report directly to the Assistant Director of the Communications andsales & marketing, reporting into leadership in Chicago.
The project manager is expected to assist in achieving local office sales goals via execution of the core responsibilities of the position; which largely focus on responding to offensive (new business) and defensive (retention / jeopardy) requests for proposal (RFPs):
• Deliver project management support to the RFP response process by:
- Scheduling, attending, and participating in RFP qualification, opportunity strategy meetings, rehearsals, and internal post-mortem meetings;
- Writing / developing original content to respond to questions;
- Managing draft proposals and presentations to completion;
- Liaising with internal resources (e.g. APEx, national product groups, national industry practices) to acquire and enhance content for proposals.
- Executing creative strategies which differentiate sales process.
- Manage RFP response content utilizing internal technological infrastructure
• Conduct prospect and client research via internal and external channels
• Maintain a firm grasp on resources and engage colleagues for their expertise
• Work with product and practice leaders to identify content and tailor materials for presentations
• Align with design resources to develop and implement further creative solutions to develop high-impact proposals and presentations
Sales and Account Retention Support
• Serve as a conduit and a source of information regarding products, capabilities, and corporate developments for client-facing staff
• Actively engage in learning opportunities to understand differentiators with respect to core industry groups and insurance industry terminology
• Participate in national Weekly Sales and Product Information Calls as ongoing education.
• Provide additional ad-hoc support to business development efforts as requested
Document Production Support
• Work with communications team members to support the document production process related to RFP responses and PowerPoint presentations.
• Must maintain a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products (version 2003 and/or 2007).
o Creative, effective use of Word for the production of client deliverables
o Creative, effective use of PowerPoint in the production of client presentations.
o Use of Excel to create charts/graphs, and understand formatting of spreadsheets for inclusion into other documents.
• Ideally, maintain working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Applications, to include Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Expected to follow corporate brand standards when creating deliverables, including, but not limited to proper logo usage, approved color palette, and imagery guidelines.
The ideal candidate for this role will exhibit the following qualifications:
• 5-8 years of project management expertise; ideally within the insurance brokerage industry or professional services environment
o Proposal / presentation management experience highly preferred.
• Professional disposition, with strong persuasive skills and proven ability to interact with senior organizational leadership
• Strong background in creating communication material, including the development of original written material and the effective editing of written proposal and presentation content
• Devoted to process improvement and “recommending a better way”
• Dedicated to exhibiting superior individual performance, while collaborating with a team to achieve results.
• Comfortable working under pressure with a varying schedule to meet targeted deadlines
• Able to collaborate virtually with remote/off-site colleagues to meet goals and create deliverables
SOFTWARE: MS OFFICE
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
COMMUNICATIONS TEAM – PROJECT MANAGER