Client: In the educational space
Duration: Full time hours, 12 months+
Onsite in Westwood
- CMS System and template experience (wordpress ideal but open)
Duties as listed from client:
a. Develop and maintain various functional and informational websites for Student Affairs departments.
b. Create and maintain templates/CSS for all SAIT managed websites.
c. Assist in setting up and managing of Student Affairs' Content Management System (CMS)
d. Provide consultation to the site owners as to design and content presentation.
e. Troubleshoot problems related to websites and setup of Student Affairs' CMS.
- help with the content management system:
- department needs new microsite. Will need to gather the requirements i.e., how it should be set up, what the content will be, the IA.
- then, build the website — not a lot of CSS, there’s templates set up, put the pages together using the content management system.
- sometimes have to slightly tweak the CSS without messing it up.
- upgrade or fix bugs on the templates so CSS & HTML knowledge is important
- made need to create/add/edit images provided for the department
They have about 80 websites running now, and this person will need to support those sites - making updates, edits, or fixing bugs from time to time.
These sites are public facing, departmental websites.