• The Buying Manager develops, executes, and communicates merchandise assortment plans, financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the department. The Buying Manager drives financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability.
• Develop/decide the product assortment, merchandise point of view, shop strategies, key item positioning, and promotional plans; ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives
• Develops seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations. Performs and/or directs daily activities that supports the merchandising strategies and drives the creation of a simple and compelling product presentation that will inspire the customer to buy. Builds strong partnerships with other members of the cross-functional team and brand counterparts.
• Create pre-season sales, gross margin and inventory plans by division and department that support product strategies.
• Leads management of the website to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
• Manage the financial success of the division by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals.
• Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division/department and class.
• Represent division and present a point of view in business and milestone meetings including financial results, forecast and strategies.
• Collaborate with leadership and cross-channel partners to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by division/department and class.
• Own open-to-buy forecasts. Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open-to-buy/monthly forecast meetings.
• Re-forecast sales and manage inventory for basic styles to meet divisional financial goals.
• Manage and communicate markdown & promotional recommendations and strategies.
• Develop and maintain cross-channel relationships with global partners.
• Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-brand and cross-functional team (merchandising, marketing, production, planning, and DC/Operations).
• Develop cross-divisional relationships to share best practices.
• Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best-practices and develop systems knowledge.
• Able to negotiate with and influence peers and members of cross-functional team
• Able to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
• Effectively manage and support 2 direct reports to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development by providing the appropriate tools and training
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs