The Buyer develops, executes, and communicates merchandise assortment plans, financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of one or more departments. The Buyer drives financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability, and may also manage the activities and career development for one or more Analysts or Online Inventory Specialists (OIS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Business & Finances
• Manage the financial success of one or more divisions by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals.
• Supports a single business in the development of seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations. Performs daily activities that supports the merchandising strategies and assists in the creation of a simple and compelling product presentation that will inspire the customer to buy. Builds strong partnerships with other members of the cross-functional team and brand counterparts.
• Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division/department and class.
• Represent divisions/brand and present a point of view in business meetings.
• Collaborate with leadership and cross-channel partners to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by division/department and class.
• Create pre-season sales, gross margin and inventory plans by division and department that support product strategies.
• Reconcile top-down to bottom-up dept plans.
• Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals.
• Own open to buy forecasts. Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open to buy/monthly forecast meetings.
• Re-forecast sales and manage inventory for all basic styles to meet division/department financial goals.
• Manage and communicate division level markdown & promotional recommendations and strategies.
Customers & Markets
• Develop and maintain cross-channel relationships with in-market partners.
• Participate in company and brand initiatives as appropriate.
• Assist in the development/decision of the product assortment, merchandise point of view, shop strategies, key item positioning, and promotional plans, ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives
• Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
Managing & Operating Practices
• Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis.
• Present financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings.
• Assign responsibilities and set clear, measurable objectives for direct report.
• Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best-practices and develop systems knowledge.
• Willingness to become a Subject-Matter Expert
Leadership & Employees
• Communicate standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner.
• Partner with Manager in developing functional team to achieve peak performance and individual career goals.
• Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
• Provide manager with timely feedback on personal developmental and training needs.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs