• Contribute to the success of the Department through developing and driving seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals.
• Provide analysis to support the development of Department seasonal strategies that meet financial targets.
• Provide information and ideas to develop Department key concepts, key items, and promotional strategies and store assortments that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store experience.
• Rank styles based on historical and current product performance, and identify redundancies in the product assortment.
• Partner with Production in the development of costing and placement strategies.
• Recommend pricing strategies for specific product categories.
• Participate in fitting garments and review product details to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
• Identify business opportunities and risk in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
• Make recommendations for strategy changes in-season where needed.
• Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence.
• Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
• Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
• Influence others to achieve results.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Distribution).
• Bachelors Degree of equivalent.
• 3-5 years of retail buying experience.
• 1-2 years of management experience.
• Experience as a Merchandiser or equivalent.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Customer oriented
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs