Large Entertainment and Consumer Products brand in Pasadena is seeking as Assistant Manager for their Softlines Team with buying experience. The Assistant Manager will support the E-Commerce Merchandise team with buying in support of their new website launch.
- Develops and executes against broader Softlines strategy with direct report(s)
- Selects and constructs a balanced range from licensing that compliments the vertical assortment
- Partners with planning to meet MMU and revenue goals
- Places PO’s to deliver the required stock turn and tight inventory control, liaising with Sourcing on delivery logistics and timing and inform of re-buys and cancellations
- Maintains a strong understanding of sales and trends, through review of analysis with Planning, Site Analytics and comp shops.
- Establishes relationships with relevant licensees to deliver appropriate curated assortments as needed to supplement vertical assortment for top stores/online.
- Curates vertical and licensed product to drive sales and audience expansion
- Partners with Marketing to build brand awareness for key licensee partners
- Cultivates strong relationship with Site Ops, Site Analytics, Site Merchandising, Marketing and Creative, communicating regularly and providing updates to the rest of the Ecom Merchandising team
- Actively leads and manages the training and development of all direct reports ensuring regular objectives are set, reviewed and feedback is given.
- Broad background in buying and/or product development within an Omni-channel retail environment
- Proven experience in managing direct reports and building effective cross functional relationships
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills (persuasion & influencing)
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically
- Ability to build assortments that meet brand and financial requirements
- 4-5 years of experience as a Buyer
Required Education: BA/BS