Job Title: Buyer
Start Date: 8/14/17
End Date: 1/12/18
**Our Fortune 500 Fashion Client is looking for a Buyer to join their team in San Francisco for a 5 month long contract**
• Contribute to the success of the Department through developing and driving seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals.
• Provide analysis to support the development of Department seasonal strategies that meet financial targets.
• Rank styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment.
• Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence.
• Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
• Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
• Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
• Influence others to achieve results.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, Distribution).
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
• 2+ years of retail buying experience.
• Experience as a Merchandiser/Merchandise Planner/IM planner/Buyer or equivalent.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Possess a strong working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Customer oriented.
• Meticulous attention to details
• Polished presentation skills internally to teams and outwardly to clients
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to communicate with senior leaders across the organization
• Comfortable with ambiguity and filling “white space”
• Results orientation
• An ability to take risks and learn
• A collaborative style and enjoyment in working with a results-driven, cross-functional team
• Integrity and alignment with company values
• Confidence and perseverance
• The ability to work effectively in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
4 MOST IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE:
1. Driving Results
2. Strategic orientation