Skilled professional, experienced in correspondence and communication material simplification, with the ability to create new or convert existing copy to clear, concise, to-the-point messaging easily understood and actionable by the reader, the end customer and policy holder.
1. Promote higher levels of reader understanding and response.
2. Reduce and/or eliminate reader confusion, leading to incomplete information or inaction.
1. Excellent business communication skills, both written and oral.
2. English proficiency a must; Spanish fluency and proficiency a plus.
3. Demonstrated ability to develop messaging that drives results:
• Formulate action-oriented messaging and section titles that capture and drive the reader’s attention.
• Understand and address correct placement of instructions in clear, concise language.
• Exceptionally adept in proper sentence structure, spelling, punctuation, grammar, capitalization, and the application of commonly used elements (columns, tables, metrics or comparatives) in logical placements that simplify and clarify document flow.
4. Experience in an agency or internal corporate creative environment preferred.
5. Insurance industry experience a plus.
Writes a variety of non-technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses. Capable of assisting with the writing of annual reports and other higher writing projects. May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document. May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Works under immediate supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Copywriter II must have the ability to write copy for small-to-midsize promotional campaigns, corporate capability materials, or basic Web content.