Business Systems Analysts study the overall business and information needs of an organization, in order to develop solutions to business and related technology problems. A business Systems Analyst's role is usually undertaken prior to the system design, building and programming stages of the systems development process. Works closely with clients to identify business needs and the costs and benefits of implementing a computing solution.
Our client is looking for you to assist them with the analysis and assessment of a process improvement program and technology implementation.
***** Experience in process improvement is required. Six sigma black belt a plus. Ability to demonstrate where you have applied process improvement methodologies or some type of six sigma methodology is a must. Ability to look at a whole technical process, map it out, identify improvement opportunity and build the new process. Process improvement and technical skills are equally important.*****
Construct IT definitions based on identified needs of the organization.
Work with other IT experts to address networking and hardware needs.
Devise and document a general system design based on the client's anticipated requirements.
Negotiate options with the client.
Top 3 - 5 Required Skills:
• Business process consultant/Six Sigma/process improvement experience
• SQL and PL/SQL server experience preferred
• Ability to debug and rewrite current PL/SQL procedures preferred
• Strong skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.)
• Can identify risk/when things don't make sense, can identify and articulate a viable solution to that risk/issue
Top 3 - 5 Daily responsibilities:
• Analyze and document the current campaign matrix process.
• Identify risk areas. Make suggestions for improvement
• Consider opportunities for streamlining the process as well as potential for “automation”
• CIMP2.0 environment (Unica/IBM Campaign) experience preferred
• Investigate other lines of business and evaluate how they may be included in this process, or a similar process
• Document appropriate business requirements for new process
• Design, develop, test and document the new solution. The goal is for the solution to be easy for a “non-technical” person to execute, without having to have specialized skills to perform the operation (i.e. list query, coding, etc.). The solution must also be easily executed by a back-up person.
• Unica/IBM Campaign experience
• is a self-starter
• can deal with ambiguity
• can work across multiple groups
• can escalate when appropriate
• can communicate effectively
Educational Requirement: Bachelor's degree or 4 years equivalent experience in a directly related field. High School Diploma/GED Required.
Minimum number of years of experience required: 3-7 years
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs