Business Support Administrator
- Provide excellent administration support to the senior staff members.
- Contributes to smooth day-to- day running of the senior staff member’s team/s by providing timely and effective administrative assistance.
- Acts as an essential group point of contact both internally and externally, demonstrating pro-activity and professionalism in all activities undertaken.
- Seek to improve existing administrative processes on and behalf of the group.
- Ensure smooth and seamless integration and management of the Manager’s team, applying pro-activity, initiative, discretion and confidentiality to all tasks
- The role of the administrator will be to ensure that the Manager and their team operate as effectively as possible.
- Obtain a good understanding of budgetary process and systems. No direct ownership of budgets.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Diary management for senior staff, responsible for keeping an overall view of the diary and ensuring provision of all briefing papers and supporting information to the Manager in a timely manner.
- Manages team administration in an effective, timely and professional manner.
- Provides high level administration support to the senior staff member’s team, including:
- Scheduling and co-ordination of group meetings/offsites, including logistics, catering etc.
- Preparation of meeting agendas and briefing packs where appropriate.
- Organising group travel itineraries and using online travel approval forms [where appropriate].
- Delivering high quality and timely responses to incoming telephone calls, emails and correspondence.
- Assisting with preparation of presentations, reports and correspondence from draft.
- Photocopying, faxing and dealing with courier requests.
- Collection and distribution of mail from the mail rooms and ownership of mail rooms.
- Ownership of internal processes, including MS Market – creating Purchase Orders, tracking invoices, ordering Hardware/Software/Procurement and Samples.
- Updating and monitoring Org Charts, team aliases, Sharepoints.
- Responsible for assisting new starters.
- Acting as main point of contact for the Group when they are out or away from their desks.
- Remind Manager(s) of scheduled activities which require preparation including 1-1s performance reviews, internal and external meetings, presentations, etc. Chase team members for information to meet deadlines.
- All travel itineraries to be identified and arrangements made well in advance with all visa requirements, currency, hotels, transfers etc.
- Undertake general Office Management duties on behalf of the department, eg: monitoring functionality of equipment such as faxes, photocopiers, printers, projectors, etc, and liaising with Facilities/ITG to resolve any issues.
- Meet and greet visitors to MS, ensuring meeting participants are notified of visitor’s arrival.
- To provide administrative assistance to ad hoc Group projects, where appropriate.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects on behalf of Managers as and when required, eg Md Year Planning etc
- Arrange conference calls/live meetings.
- Ensure all issues/requests raised to Manager(s) office are dealt with in a professional, efficient and timely manner and escalated where appropriate
- Provides effective Group support and enables group staff to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Participates as a highly trusted and involved member of the team Is the focal point for the team, as a point of contact to handle routine enquiries both internally and externally
- Highly organised and quick learner
- Is able to multi-task and cope with high and changeable workloads and business needs
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain key working relationships across team and across company
- Error free and timely correspondence
- Uses initiative as appropriate to position, escalating where appropriate.
Experience and Professional Qualification Requirements:
- Experience operating at PA level in a large Corporate, preferably IT environment
- Knowledge at intermediate level of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- A minimum of 5 GSCE or equivalent, including Mathematics and English
Behaviour and Personality Profile:
- Extremely well organized, excellent planning and prioritising ability
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple demands by being reactive/pro-active
- Ability to work under pressure, meet committed deadlines and ensure that others deliver what is expected on time
- Able to take effective action without having to know the total picture, but seeking the appropriate knowledge required and escalating as required Effective communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain key working relationships across team and across company.
- Self-starter, working on own initiative
- Maintain a basic business awareness
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Willing and able to work flexible hours
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Patient and calm
- Team player